Health & Safety
We are committed to ensuring high standards of health and safety in the workplace. This dedication extends to ensuring your wellbeing when visiting the construction site.
Visiting your property to check on progress is exciting, but it’s important that you stay safe at all times. It is essential that you receive a proper safety induction before you visit.
Your Arrow project manager will have conducted a homeowner induction prior to construction. If you require a refresher then please contact your Arrow project manager.
Before then, please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the following health and safety requirements. They apply to all homeowners visiting their properties while building work is in progress.
- Contact your builder prior to your initial visit to your property to arrange for your health and safety induction.
- If you would like to visit your home at any time you should contact your builder directly to arrange a suitable time.
- You must wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times on site (see below for details).
- Please read and ensure you understand the site’s hazard board before you enter the site. The hazard board is updated regularly and will alert you to new site conditions.
- In the event of an emergency please follow the instructions of your builder. They’ll guide you safely from the site and ensure the right actions are taken for your wellbeing.
- Nobody under the age of 15 is permitted on the site. Similarly, pets are not allowed. We know you’ll want to show all the important people in your life the exciting developments but until it’s safe to do so, site photos will have to do.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times (appropriate footwear refers to sturdy, closed-in shoes. Open-toed footwear, sandshoes, basketball boots, jandals etc will not be permitted)
- Hi-vis vests
- Hardhats (Beanies are not to be worn under hardhats)
Other PPE as required includes:
- Ear protection
- Safety glasses
- Sunscreen, hats
For more information please contact your Arrow project manager.
We are proud to be a part of the Canterbury Rebuild Safety Charter. Click on the video below to find out more.